Sunday, June 5, 2011

A whirlwind...

In a nutshell, it's been a whirlwind of a week. Wrapped things up with staff training week, left yesterday for a wedding in Dallas, and am now driving BACK to Missouri for the fun to officially begin!! Kampers arrived right after I left yesterday, so I'm going to go back to a new world of craziness. I've been looking a the K-West twitter (KanakukKWest if you want to check it out) and it's get me so excited to jump back into things.

The wedding this weekend was phenominal. One of my pledge sisters, Camille, got married, and it was a great last time to see some of my favorite college friends before we go our separate ways. It was such a blessing. Let's just saw I'm tired now thought....not a very restful time off, especially when the a/c in your car isn't working, but it'll be worth it.

I'm looking forward to finally getting into the swing of things when I get back. Teaching classes, driving boats, lifeguarding, and directing the one-week kampers on the girls' side. This is a new responsibility this year and I'm really looking forward to. I am coordinating their arrival and parent's day ceremony, as well as a purity talk and a Cross Talk where we present the Gospel. Should be a new challenge, but it will be fun to see what God does and how I grow through it. In a kamp full of mainly kampers that are with us for 2 weeks, being there for 1 week can be quite a whirlwind! We try to pack it all in though!

No comments:

Post a Comment