Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Loving life!!

What a glorious time for the break! We are at the Rapps house right now...it's so nice to be in a house, relaxing, and hanging out with one of my favorite kamp families. Things have been going really well so far. I am really learning to love my job. It's so fun to be able to hang out with kids, teach classes, and help out with parties and other things as well. First term was so great. The kids were wonderful. I'm over cabins 4, 5, and 6, so I got to hang out with a lot of the 12 and young 13 year olds. It's cool to be with the younger kids for a change. It was so much fun to help them braid their hair and put on their sweet make-up for Western night. The parties and activities overall have been great. I've been leading All-Around specialty. We had a great group of girls in our class last term. There were 22 of them! They were so fun and engaged in anything that we did. We played solleyball (a K-West creation between sand volleyball and softball), swam in the lake, played water polo, octoball (another kamp creation), 4 square...This next term, I'm hoping to take the girls over to K-2 ( the high school kamp) because they just built a water slide down a hill. It looks like so much fun!!


Highlights since the last blog:

-hanging out with great friends

-teaching mountain biking

-no injuries on the blob!

-fun with All-Around

-getting to help with set up for parties

-getting the chance to lead a small group Bible study for counselors since our usual leader, Erin, is out of town for her sisters wedding

-dancing my heart out while teaching the kampers our Komo dances

-getting to know some really cool kids

-building the All-Around trophy out of junk from the maintenance shed

-getting to drive the golf cart around....my fav!!

-learning more about the book of Matthew! So cool! I'm feel like I'm learning and growing more everyday!


That's all I can think of for now. Love you all. Thanks for all your letters and love you've been sending.

Keep praying for kamp this summer. We need it!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi precious friend :) I love reading about your time at kamp. praying for you, and can't wait to see you in waco!

    ReplyDelete