Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Just rolling along...

Another day off...so soon! The new staff at kamp has been absolutely great! It's funny, because I forget that many of them have never done this before. There are little things that happen that just make me shake my head and smile sometimes. But I don't blame them...I mean, they've been away from kamp for 6 weeks and then we throw them back in and expect them to do everything right! Let me just say, though, that they are great counselors! They are so good about spending time with their kids and getting to know them. Their energy has been absolutely incredible!

I really feel like I'm growing up this year at kamp. More is expected of me and I am trusted with so much more as well. This is the first year that I've felt old compared to the new counselors. It's kind of a weird feeling, and sometimes I don't know how to quite approach it. I also feel like this year, more than any, I'm beginning to have "kamp eyes". I'm learning how to see the big picture of what's going on. Granted, there is a lot that I don't see or even know about that goes on, but I'm learning how to take full responsibility for my job and make sure that the things that I'm overseeing are running smoothly.

Lately, I have been praying that the Lord would challenge me and grow me more. This can be a scary prayer to pray sometimes, but I just felt that I was becoming stagnant in my walk, and I didn't want that to become the case. I can already tell that He is beginning to move. I mean, what should I expect? He's a pretty faithful guy. But even in just daily frustrations or things that get under my skin, I can tell that the Lord is trying to refine me. I need it for sure. I've definitely realized this summer what a sinful person I am...I'm so thankful for that realization and the grace that covers that. Ok, well I need to go figure out what kind of charger I need to get for my laptop, because I just happened to lose mine. Awesome....

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment