Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's coming to an end....but I don't want to think about that.

My first thought today is that I wish I could put up some pictures for y'all to see, but I think it would just take way too long to try to upload them all. I did, however, put some on facebook if you want to check them out. As always, kamp is going well! We are over halfway through 5th term. Because of this, people are beginning to talk more about after kamp stuff...and that makes me sad. Yes, I'm excited to be back in Waco, but I don't want to leave kamp. I love it too much! I love how relaxed and fun it is! I mean, there are times that I get stressed about things, but it's not overwhelming like school. At school, it's harder for me to have fun and enjoy things when I have deadlines and assignments swinging over my head. I've realized that I'm more of a person who is very much where I am, mentally, emotionally, and physically. So let's just say that I'm very much enjoying being at kamp right now. I'm trying to soak it all in. Even thought I'm getting tired and things are becoming somewhat monotonous (since this is now our 5th repetition of everything), I still don't want it to go by too quickly.

This term of kids is a ton of fun. Some highlights from the past few days:

There are several classes at kamp that I tend to teach a lot. One of these is aquaskipping....the weird bike/pogo stick on water that I mentioned earlier in the blog. Anyway, I love teaching this class becuase it gives me a chance to know the girls well and watch them progress throughout the term. Usually, the girls just skip out as far as they can and then the drop and swim the aquaskipper back to the dock. It supposed to float on its own in the water. Then the girls just pull it as they swim. Well, on this particular day, the girls were doing really well and skipping out pretty far. As one girl dropped into the water, all of sudden the entire aquaskipper just sank!! All of the girls jumped in the water and started swimming around, trying to find the huge metal contraption. We literally searched for 10 minutes. They were even "superdunking" each other. Since they were wearing lifejackets, they couldn't go down very far on thier own, so one girl would push another down and then push her further with her feet. Probably not the safest thing haha, but it proved effective! One girl, Katie came back up and had found the aquaskipper!! Hooray! I was so relieved that I didn't have to tell the dock daddy that I had lost one at teh bottom of the lake.

About a week ago during FOB, my favorite family at kamp, the Rapps, was having some swim time at the pool. I was walking by with two of my friends and they jokingly yelled at us to hop in! So we decided to take them up on the offer. We went and got our suits on a hopped in for a swim! I was so much fun to just hang out in the pool and go on the water slides without having kampers around. We all decided to go on the water slide and Carter decided to come along, too. As we were getting in line, we told Carter to go first. He said "No, Lindsay, you go first, then Allison, go second. I'm third." He smiled. If you know kamp, you know that although he got the context wrong, he's at least been paying attention. God first, Others second, I'm Third.

No comments:

Post a Comment